5.5 lunar months/162 days
David Dalton
2014-08-30 04:24:50 UTC
From the beginning of 1993 to early September 1994 I
three times experienced a 5.5 lunar month (162 days,
6 Carrington solar rotations) separation between a
waxing gibbous moon trial onset and a waning crescent
inspiration/high onset. (I predicted the third such high.)

In the following I refer to the book Taliesin: Shamanism and
the Bardic Mysteries in Britain and Ireland by John Matthews
(with additional material by Caitlin Matthews). The Aquarian
Press/an imprint of Harper Collins, 1991 ISBN 1-85538-109-5.

On p.97 as part of the poem The Hostile Confederacy, several
lines read

"Seven score muses
There are in the inspiration of song;
Eight score in every score
In the great abyss of tranquility
In the great abyss of wrath..."

The seven score muses I think refers to the number of
lunar months in an eleven year solar sunspot cycle
(and correspond to a seven year low years period if
Taliesin's low years began the same time period after
his first high as mine did.)

The eight score, in days, corresponds to the above-mentioned
5.5 lunar month separation.

Taliesin also mentions "three times in the prison of
Arianrhod" (p.238) which I think refers to the
waxing gibbous moon trials (with release no later
than full moon), and "three times inspired by Ceridwen"
which I think refers to the waning crescent (old moon) highs.

The 5.5 lunar month separation is also related to the
following quote from Matthews' book, p.321,

"its inspiring brew ages over five cauldrons, (brewing)."

I discuss Taliesin (Gwion Bach) some more on my Salmon
on the Thorns web page, particularly on the subsubpage
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/celtic.html .

Another possible 5.5 lunar month separation is the
case of Lleu Llaw Gyffes, who becomes a sick eagle
at/on his bath (waxing gibbous moon trial) and
restored six months (maybe 5.5 lunar months) later.

Another possible case in that of the Iowa Dakota
Salmon youth, transformed from ugly to handsome, and
given inspiration on the "fifth bow?" (Where the salmon
and the bow both can be related to the waning moon
shape.) This is the fifth bow after rebirth/ascent from
the underworld and travel to where Coyote dwells (first
full moon after the full moon of release from psychic
death) or I guess the sixth bow after the rebirth full
moon. There I am assuming that Coyote is associated with
full moon and salmon/bow with waning crescent moon.

Also, the rosary is a string of 165 beads. This is pretty much
the same, in days, as 5.5 lunar months, and is also 5 times
the length of an Islamic rosary (and 5 is the number of the
rose) and 1.5 times the length of a Hindu mala rosary of 108 beads.

But in posting now I mainly want to know if you know
of any other significant occurrences of 5.5 (or 5 or 5.25
or 6) lunar months (or 162 days) in mythology, folklore
religious history, or the biographies of any living mystics.
"I see my light come shining/From the west unto the east
Any day now, any day now/I shall be released" (Bob Dylan)
{:-])))
2014-08-30 13:42:12 UTC
Post by David Dalton
I mainly want to know if you know
of any other significant occurrences of 5.5 (or 5 or 5.25
or 6) lunar months (or 162 days) in mythology, folklore
religious history, or the biographies of any living mystics.
I don't.
Nor did you ask if anyone did not
but rather, if anyone did.

What struck me upon reflection however
is the attempt to make sense of the world.

To be able to make predictions. And to
not feel as if one is the only one.

Obviously, you are not the only one.

One may always rest assured in that
if one cares to rest assured.

It could be that there are correlations
between sunspots, lunar cycles and phenomena
such as those with regard to mystical experiences.

There might be wave patterns of sorts.
Tides of mental and physical activity
which wax and wane over time.

Part of a form of Taoism and meditation may
tend to dismiss or ignore drawing links
and simply be in the moment or go
with the flow of events as they
unfold in one's field.

A day at a time works in various ways.

One is up when up and down when down.
When things turn round they are round.

On the other hand, in order to go up higher
one might first need to go lower. In order to get
more energy, instead of waiting for a wave
to lift one out of the doldrums or blues
one might need to paddle or dig
down further into the water.

To get stronger, one first weakens.
Exercise breaks the body down.
One gets tired out before
building back up.

I have no idea what methods, techniques,
practices, medications nor other tools
you and folks such as you use.

Maybe some work some times
but not all the time.

It's possible there are many worlds.

In some worlds, correlations and predictions
are able to be made, validated and used.
Perhaps not so in every world.

For me, an effort to make sense
and senses out of information my senses bring
continues to bring me a satisfaction not unlike a
quenching of a thirst for knowledge.

The quest and questions appear to induce
pathways for brain chemicals to squander
as neurons wander in search of connections.

When a host of neurons connect and wave,
a form of consciousness may arise.

To say hello, if nothing else,
to other hosts of neurons on a path
as they wave.
Mouse
2014-08-30 23:44:37 UTC
Post by {:-])))
Post by David Dalton
[...]
time for a Klondike Bar
<:3 )~
Teresita
2014-08-31 00:23:46 UTC
153, but who's counting?
{:-])))
2014-08-31 01:38:46 UTC
Post by Teresita
Post by David Dalton
Also, the rosary is a string of 165 beads.
153, but who's counting?
Fifty-nine shows up quite a bit.

Knot to mention 108 and a baseball
that keeps one in stitches.
{:-])))
2014-08-31 02:32:37 UTC
Post by {:-])))
Post by Teresita
Post by David Dalton
Also, the rosary is a string of 165 beads.
153, but who's counting?
Fifty-nine shows up quite a bit.
Knot to mention 108 and a baseball
that keeps one in stitches.
Weight, the 153 was a Hail Mary!

Yet to find the 165.

- on a path
David Dalton
2014-09-04 04:31:55 UTC
Post by David Dalton
From the beginning of 1993 to early September 1994 I
three times experienced a 5.5 lunar month (162 days,
6 Carrington solar rotations) separation between a
waxing gibbous moon trial onset and a waning crescent
inspiration/high onset. (I predicted the third such high.)
In the following I refer to the book Taliesin: Shamanism and
the Bardic Mysteries in Britain and Ireland by John Matthews
(with additional material by Caitlin Matthews). The Aquarian
Press/an imprint of Harper Collins, 1991 ISBN 1-85538-109-5.
On p.97 as part of the poem The Hostile Confederacy, several
lines read
"Seven score muses
There are in the inspiration of song;
Eight score in every score
In the great abyss of tranquility
In the great abyss of wrath..."
The seven score muses I think refers to the number of
lunar months in an eleven year solar sunspot cycle
That corresponds to a low years period of seven years,
which I am also interested in finding past parallels
of. Some I know of are the seven years that Cu
Chulainn spent as hound to the smith, the seven years
Finnegas spent fishing for the Salmon of Wisdom
before Fionn tasted it, and the stag of seven tines
of The Song of Amergin, and the seven years of
ascetic years of the Buddha.

But in my case my low years (which are not very low
except in terms of creativity while I am on my
current medication regimen) did not end after
seven years but have lasted over 18 years (7 years
plus an 11 year sunspot cycle) so I hope they
will end soon and that I will enter into a period
of sustained productive creativity.

However the fact that I did not come out of the
low years after seven years does weaken my argument
that I am similar to the above past figures and
some others.